Our strategic marketing course is new and launched in 2019. It aims to provide students with the necessary tools and frameworks to enable them to make proactive marketing decisions. The philosophy underlying this course is that marketing-oriented companies put customers first, are geared for long-term success and that this orientation must be championed by top management and infused throughout the whole organisation.
Strategic marketing requires knowledge, skills and competencies in a range of techniques such as strategic analysis and planning, implementation – via a number of integrated and synergistic marketing functions and activities – and marketing control, aided by an array of marketing metrics and digital developments.
- Marketing management for a turbulent era
- Marketing fit with corporate and business strategies
- Marketing environmental insights
- Customer insights and customer connections
- Marketing insights for demand measurement
- Segmentation and target marketing
- Branding and positioning
- Marketing strategies for competitive and market scenarios
- The integrated marketing mix
- Organising, planning, delivering and measuring market performance.
This course aims to provide students with a strong grasp of both the strategic elements of establishing a long-term customer orientation and the operational techniques that are required of marketing managers to implement a strategic marketing orientation successfully.
Read the full course syllabus
Read an extended outline of the course syllabus for Strategic Marketing, which gives you an overview of the course content.