In order to transfer and mitigate risk, a company will often turn to financial instruments such as derivatives, including forward contracts, futures, options and swaps. This course will give financial executives an understanding of what derivatives can achieve and how they are priced.
- The derivatives building blocks.
- Terminal instruments.
- Forward contracts.
- The basics of options.
- Option pricing.
- The Black–Scholes option-pricing model.
- ‘The Greeks of option pricing’.
- Extensions to the basic option-pricing model.
- Using derivatives and hedging.
- Hedging and insurance.
- Using the derivatives product set.